The Change Anything Kit by Pascal Laliberté About me 👇
If it’s up to you to make that important change happen, here’s what I offer:
To help change situations like these:
- You see that cynicism is installing itself in the team, and you know the problem has to be fixed at the source.
- In your family, you see a bad relationship trend and you sense that it needs to be broached.
- There’s a big opportunity coming up that you don't want to miss on.
How do you broach situations like these? One question you can ask yourself is this: at the end, say it went super well, what will you be celebrating having done? You’ll have… (and complete the sentence). This helps change your perspective to that of a success, and the act of writing down statements (and re-writing them) forces you to make priority choices and to be intentional about your actions.
- In the past, you used to know the right way to do things. Now, it’s important you give the space for others to learn and you want to change your behaviours.
- You’re hesitant how to take on something you've never tried before, but nobody else is going to do it, so it’s up to you this time.
- You see a problem in the way your team works and you need to have that changed.
- It’s important that you get a client to see things from a new perspective.
Am I the right person to make these changes? Questions like these expose that you’ve got beliefs that are taking hostage of your options. To help expose those beliefs (and re-write them), I ask myself the question: “What am I so convinced of”, and I make a list of what comes out. This is called tending to your mental models.
- There's an injustice at work, and you’re feeling the urge to step up.
- There’s a deadline coming up and you're paralyzed by analysis.
- You see everything that’s wrong everywhere, and you're overwhelmed. Something's got to change.
Seeing everything that’s wrong is debilitating, but there’s two benefits for you: 1) you’ve got a knack for caring for things people don’t care about and 2) you can use your tendency to inventory everything to be the person who will change the way things are managed so that all that is important is taken care of. When it’s about changing the overall approach, the situation needs someone who cares about the very big and the very small at the same time.
- Suddenly, all your priorities no longer matter. That big event changed everything, and you need to take it slow, do it right.
- There’s an urgent need to help a friend, but your relationship had some difficulties. It’s time to let those bad feelings aside and be helpful.
- You need to prepare for a difficult but important conversation with your boss.
Relationships, trust, communication. Getting good at those takes practice, and thankfully, you can prepare your mind to help nail those important interactions ahead of time. Let me show you how.
- You discovered something about your son that needs addressing.
- You see something new that needs to be created, but you’re paralyzed with doubt.
- You’re starting a new consultancy, and you want to have a good first day.
- You’re furious about a team member's performance, and you need to prepare your conversation so there’s a good outcome for the both of you and the rest of the team.
- You find it difficult to be authentic and vulnerable, but this time it’ll be important that you put on those traits, and you want to be ready.
Hi, my name’s Pascal. Those situations above, many of them I’ve had experience changing in my own life, and I believe I can help you with those situations you’d like to change too. The two options I propose are to learn the two mental reprogramming techniques I use, or to schedule a call with me. Glad to help.